Thursday, February 21, 2008

Go Cipo!!

When all the teeth have been brushed, all the books have been read and everyone is falling asleep I get to finally stretch out my legs and watch the Tour of California. It has been nice to get back into the cycling season and what better way than the TOC. I don't have a favorite team to cheer for but I do favor the US teams specifically Slipstream/Chipotle, HighRoad and notably Rock Racing. Three years ago Mario Cipollini, The Lion King, retired from professional cycling but has recently hit the road by storm riding for the Rock Racing team. What's PRO about Super Mario is that not only is he putting up respectable times, taking third in stage 2 against the likes of Tom Boonen, the guy is 41 years old! I for one am inspired by his physical health, performance and his passion for cycling.


(Quickstep's Big Tom Boonen out front, Gerolsteiner’s Heinrich Haussler and The Lion King - right side in black/green kit)

No comments: